Creating Animations with Moovly

Hey All!

This week we experimented with making animation with Moovly. At first I was a bit intimidated by the assignment. The word animation, made me think of cartoons, and I'm not much of an artist. What we really did, was create an animated video clip. If you have ever made a PowerPoint Presentation, you can definitely navigate this webware. (We learned about this in a previous blog: Webware Blog) The program is super easy to sign up for if you have Google, LinkedIn, or Facebook, and a simple sign up process if not. Once signed into your dashboard, you are given the option to create your own project from scratch, or use a template. There are plenty of free options available for pre-made templates. I opted to use the free stock images to create my own project from scratch. If given the option I would link my Google Drive and upload my own photos and videos and possibly even audio to really "create my own project". For the sake of learning the new program, I opted to stick with seeing what the program was capable of without my input.

You must have a steady and reliable internet connection. Moovly is a cloud-based program (We also learned about this in another blog: The Cloud Blog) so it is constantly being saved on their cloud, but they do also encourage you to save as often as you like for added security. The only major dilemma I ran into using this program was that there are limited background music options in the free version. There was a request to upgrade because of something to do with 2 minute limit. Albeit my video isn't that long so maybe I need a bit more guidance. None-the-less, I enjoyed using this program. I found that stretching the bottom panel was helpful when I needed to edit text, animations, and reorder the layers if need be.

Here is my Moovly Video posted to my YouTube account
Cheers!
See you next week!
- Lura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 - June 2-8 - Blog 1

Wk 4 - June 16-22 - Websites and HTML - Educational Tool Blog