WK 5 - E-Portfolios and Internet Lingo, for FREE!

Hello All!


In order to replicate any of the material you will learn in this blog post, you must first have a Gmail account. Sign-up here for free!

This week we learned how to create websites with Google Sites. The best part of this all is that it is FREE! Yes, that is correct! Google offers many Apps and Webware that offer Freeware for users of all ages and experience levels. If you have never created a Google Site or an E-Portfolio, this YouTube Video (click here) makes the process a breeze. I will admit I watched this video after having set up my site, so that being said, the process can be easy, with or without pre-instruction, depending on your skill level. (Not sure of your skill level? Try building a site before watching the video, see what you can do before hitting a wall.)

For those of you who may remember last week's blog, we learned how to create websites with Wix. My Wix Sitehttps://lurapratson.wixsite.com/lurapratson.

Between Google Sites and Wix, I have to recommend Wix . Although Google Sites does link directly to your other Google products (like Drive and Photos) that doesn't outweigh the aesthetic options that Wix offers. I also have not used the Google Sites App on my laptop or my phone, but I did use the Wix App from my phone. I am familiar with many other Google Apps, so I can imagine it isn't much different or very much difficult to use. Both programs offer free versions as well as paid subscription versions. I do find that anytime I bite the bullet and decide to purchase an app, I have always used the free version first. This is a great marketing technique that not only benefits the user, but also the business. Many free, or unpaid versions, have less options and features and this is where they get you to upgrade and buy the product; if you like it and use it often enough, you will eventually cave in. I do like that Wix will conveniently sign you up via your Gmail account. Wix just seems to have more of a creative suite incorporated, where as Google Sites seems to be a bit more technical. 

Come back next week and learn with me for free! ;)

Cheers,
Lura
  

Comments