Final Project: PSA - Nutrition: Eat The Rainbow

 Hello again!

It seems hard to believe that I am already uploading my final project for the term. I still have some work to add things to my E-Portfolio by the end of the week, so you may hear from me again, then.

Our final project was to curate a Public Service Announcement (PSA) using factual information in 30-60 seconds, relating to voting, nutrition, social media, or privacy and security. I love food, so of course I took an opportunity to share about nutrition! I decided to talk about whole foods versus supplements, and the importance of eating a colorful diet. I found helpful information provided primarily by The Mayo Clinic.

I really enjoyed using Moovly a few weeks ago, however in my other summer course, some of the students spoke about using Adobe Spark. I decided to endeavor in learning another tool in order to create this project, as this course is all about learning different multimedia apps and tools. Duh!

I have found that I LOVE Adobe Spark! I will admit, I utilized the free edition. Seeing as I am learning what tools I like best, I don't intend to purchase any licenses until it becomes necessary for more of my coursework.

Everything about this program is user friendly and intuitively located. The sign-up process is simple, especially if you have a Google email account. You are then able to directly link to your G-Drive and your G-Photos.

There are thousands of stock photos, videos, and background music choices. I never once ran into a problem where I was forced to upgrade my plan from free to paid-for, which was awesome! I will say that there are limited themes, and text styles, but the ones provided seem to be enough for me at this time. One thing that was slightly bothersome was that the text can only be centered, and I am not able to control the transitions or animations. I have control over the timing of each clip, unless there is narration, and then the clip lasts as long as the narration. This was a bit tricky as I had to adjust some of the timing on slides in order to keep it as close to 30-60 seconds as possible.

Ultimately, I am really satisfied with my project. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to get my message out or across in under a minute, but I did it! I hope you enjoy this PSA I created with Adobe Spark.

I have three locations for my project:

Adobe Spark Link

Google Sites : E-Portfolio Link

YouTube

You can also watch it below, without leaving this page.

Thank you all!

Cheers,

Lura

Comments