Creating Animations with Microsoft Photos

Welcome back!

This week I explored the software that was built into my laptop to create an animation video clip. I have a Windows as my operating system, and for some reason I thought I had Windows 10, so I was really excited to see what my built in software could do. This is the link I found that got me excited, HTG. What it turns out, is that my hidden video editor, is also hidden, but also not for Windows 10.
This is the video editor application I have built into my computer. I have to search video editor in the programs search bar or I can't find it. 


When I open up the Microsoft App store on my laptop to "share" this app, or rather find out more about it, I find that it is through the Microsoft Photos application that I am able to create videos and edit photos.


I was excited to be able to free hand some doodles or even a boogie board over top of the kayak in the stock photo, but instead I found out that there is nothing for drawing in my version of the app.
What I found that I liked about this program was that it was very easy to use. Unfortunately, I can only say it was so easy to use, as accessible, being already downloaded onto the computer, but hidden, as you have to search in the programs, or open a photo and click "edit" to get to the app. The program is very friendly with other stock programs and apps on this computer. It allows me to easily insert photos from my OneDrive, from any file on the laptop, or to use stock photos they offer through the web. There is a a note about how as the user they hold you responsible for citing others work. One thing that was peculiar is the 5th slide of mine, had not citation information offered. I felt as though the stock images on the web were quite a few, however the 3-D images and effects were rather basic after having used Moovly. I would highly recommend Moovly over this program if you are interested in more than just making a home-video or a hobby video. This program was easy to learn the basics for sure as there was limited ability to adjust Text, colors, timing, motion, and no drawing, or cartoon animations, just filters for the content.

I would say that this experiment of two different applications and tools for creating animation video clips has proven to me the importance of cloud computing and webware.

Here is the quick clip I was able to create with the built in and hidden Video Editor App on my Asus Laptop, with Microsoft OS.



See y'all next week!
- Lura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 - June 2-8 - Blog 1

Creating Animations with Moovly

Wk 4 - June 16-22 - Websites and HTML - Educational Tool Blog